- NEWS: My big sci-fi text adventure work in progress ANDROMEDA ACOLYTES is GOING TO KICKSTARTER! To get in on the ground floor of this event, subscribe to my newsletter here...
15-year-old Belinda Nettle is studying at Linville Girls High School in Australia's Blue Mountains. After falling asleep in the library one afternoon, she wakes from her mundane existence into a nightmare. Her classmates are transformed, nameless terrors seek her out across the schoolgrounds, and traps and tricks threaten her life at every turn.
Can you help Belinda survive this terror-filled night and solve its mysteries? And will there be a new day?
Leadlight Gamma is a brand new version of my 2010 survival horror / interactive fiction / retrocoded combat RPG adventure Leadlight. Leadlight Gamma brings the game to modern platforms with new features, content and accessibility.
At the core of Leadlight Gamma is a faithful port of the 8-bit Apple II version of Leadlight. The prose, game mechanics and parser have been painstakingly reproduced, meaning a game played in one version can be compared to a game played in the other.
Leadlight Gamma enhances the experience of Leadlight with the following additions:
- Dynamic, zoomable graphic automap and customisable game interface
- Playalong tutorial mode
- Unlockable extra content, behind-the-scenes tour mode and easter eggs
- Includes all artworks from the original Leadlight, viewable in-app
- New original soundtrack and an in-app music player (music also downloadable separately
- Accessibility mode to improve play for vision-impaired players via screen readers. Leadlight Gamma has a screen reader mode (on Macs, generally requires MacOS 10.13 or later) and includes text descriptions of all standalone images
- Complete reference manual available in-app
- Desktop-friendly, iDevice-friendly
- An old-school text adventure / interactive fiction– type in your commands and read what happens next
- Explore a girls high school transformed by nightmares
- Bloody RPG combat with possessed and supernatural enemies
- Hide to evade major threats
- Solve puzzles and mysteries to progress
- Extensive secrets, weapons and kills-based scoring system
- Avoid gruesome deathtraps, or back up a move if you fall prey to them
- Get help with puzzles from the decodable hint sheet
You can play Leadlight Gamma on:
Macs (MacOS, up to and including Big Sur)
PCs (Windows, Linux)
iPads and iPhones
Android OS cannot run the game at this time
Each time the game is launched, it displays the advice that it it suitable for mature gamers only due to violent and potentially disturbing content. I would categorise it as an MA (15+) game by Australian standards. I encourage parents to help their children make appropriate gaming choices.